Sunday, November 3, 2013

Creamy Alfredo Recipe!




I stumbled upon this recipe about a year ago and has become a household favorite ever since! What makes this recipe special is that it is super easy to make and isn't quite as "heavy" as other recipes I have tried. All of the other recipes usually have cream cheese in it and I always thought it was too "heavy." By no means is this one more healthier, I personally like the taste of this Alfredo better!

All this recipe needs is a few simple ingredients that you may have in your kitchen already! I believe a lot of you may be surprised at how easy it is to make a good tasting Alfredo that will impress your whole family! You can of course add a meat to this dish as well, this is a very versatile base recipe for Alfredo. Actually, when I made this Alfredo I added some pieces of steak to it! You could add shrimp or chicken to it as well! If you try this recipe let me know how you like it and if you encountered any problems!



You start off by cooking your Fettuccine noodles to Al Dente and straining. (You can start your sauce when you start your water for your noodles.) 

To start the sauce you melt your butter in your saucepan. Add the garlic in with the butter and saute until fragrant, do not let them get brown!. (Sorry I do not have a picture for that) 
Add heavy cream to garlic and butter mixture (on medium heat), stir. 

Once heavy cream is boiling, add Parmesan cheese. You will notice a difference in the consistency of the sauce. Continue to stir the sauce till all the cheese is incorporated.


And then the sauce is finished! Add your noodles to the sauce, and toss until the sauce is well incorporated onto the noodles. Plate your Alfredo and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top! Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe

Ingredients: 

1 pound Fettuccine noodles (I used as much as my family needed, I didn't want any to go to waste.)
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced ( I used the garlic that you can buy that is already minced to save time, if you have fresh garlic on hand you can use that if you want.)
1 pint heavy cream
2 cups Parmesan cheese (plus some to add on top.)

Instructions: 

1.) Cook pasta to Al Dente, strain. 
2.) Melt 2 tbsp butter in saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic and saute till fragrant (do not brown garlic!).
3.) Add heavy cream, stir. Once boiling, add 2 cups Parmesan cheese. Stir until incorporated.
4.) Add pasta to the sauce and toss until sauce is completely coated onto the pasta.
5.) Plate and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top (optional).
6.) Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I use the same recipe but have cream cheese in it. I will have to try this one this week. Also, i have a recipe for a healthy version that is made from cauliflower. It is on my Pinterest food page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like this recipe! My fiance and I used to love one recipe that had cream cheese in it, but once we tasted this recipe we saw how much "heavier" the other recipe was and him and I both liked the taste of this better :) Nice! Have you tried out the cauliflower one at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I had to make a few changes because I could only use what was in my house. So I used 2% milk instead of cream. Coconut oil instead of butter, but that's just preference, for me. I think it's good. Very similar to when I make pasta with just butter and Parmesan cheese. I don't know if you normally get a creamier texture or if you get a more grainy texture like I did, but it still tastes good to me so I have no complaints. :-D. No, I have not tried the cauliflower one yet, but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! You probably got that type of texture because of the milk like you guessed lol I remember when I used to make my homemade mac n cheese with milk and I would get that type of texture. Now I use heavy cream and a little bit of milk and I get a creamier mac n cheese :)

      Delete