Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween Everyone! Yes I know I'm a day late but I wanted to wait to be able to post a picture of my daughter in her costume! Halloween is the one holiday which I really don't care for and honestly wouldn't be doing anything if it wasn't for my daughter. Now that my daughter is getting older we made sure to take her trick or treating, we weren't sure how long she would actually be able to stay out. But it ended up turning out great! We trick or treated for about an hour and an half.

At first the weather was acting up, rainy and windy but after about 10 minutes it stopped to where it was only drizzling. I was surprised it wasn't really cold at all, I thought it would be! Of course we couldn't do trick or treating for over an hour with a two year old without a stroller! It was a work out for mommy and daddy with having to keep taking her in and out of the stroller and carrying her up and down steps! Lol


It's kind of hard to tell what my daughter was dressed up as in the photos but she was a purple daisy! I was so proud of her for trying to say trick or treat and she would say thank you clear as day! By the end of trick or treating she was about to fall asleep in her stroller! She was probably confused as to what we were doing! Lol!

Afterwards as mommy and daddy were going through what she got, we found some different treats we thought was neat especially for a two year old. She had about 3 pouches of fruit snacks, a granola bar, and a bag of popcorn (the kind you put in your microwave, not already popped) that we thought were good ideas and not completely horrible for her compared to chocolate. Of course she wanted something since she would see the candy and especially knows what Reeses wrappers look like! So we just gave her a pouch of the fruit snacks and she was fine with that. She still thought she got something special and we were able to avoid her getting a sugar high!

What did your kiddos dress up as?
What did you do for Halloween?
Did you find any neat or unusual treats in their trick or treat bag?
Comment below!
Also, look on the right of my blog for the new poll question!

3 comments:

  1. Ali went as a butterfly. She enjoyed the candy and thought it was great when people opened their doors to hand out candy. :-) nothing unusual to me anyway. There wee some people that hand out a popped bag of popcorn and some hot chocolate. She did get a Capri sun. However, I was looking for some milk duds, but she only got one box of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your daughter was a beautiful butterfly! I wanted my daughter to be a butterfly or a fairy at first but I couldn't find any costumes. After I got the daisy costume I did find butterfly wings and costumes to go with it! I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning another costume lol
      Oh, the Capri sun is something different. A good idea! If I was to pass out candy I would have different stuff for the different ages of kids. Like if they are babies/toddlers I would pass them out fruit snacks and for the older kids I would give them chocolate :)

      Thats funny that you mentioned the milk duds! My daughter got one box of milk duds as well, and I haven't had them in awhile! I was thinking to myself "why don't more people hand them out??" Lol!

      Delete
  2. Lol! They don't seem as popular. And I don't really care for pie much, but banana cream if I am asked a favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete